Do you want to become actively involved and organize a fundraising activity on behalf of Caritas?
If you believe in our work, we need your support! Caritas relies on donations from the general public, foundations, service clubs, employee groups, youth groups, schools, and other social events to help raise money for a good cause.
Based on the latest financial audited statements filed with Canada Revenue Agency, Caritas’ Administrative and Fundraising costs have consistently been under 15%, which is among the lowest in the charitable field. Remember, no matter how big or small your event is, every dollar raised counts.
Your contribution makes a real difference in the lives and the future of many who benefit from our services.
Caritas gratefully welcomes your support and we are available to assist you in the planning of your event. The first step is to download our Third Party Fundraisers Application
Whether you are part of an association, a sporting club or a school, here are some examples of events you may wish to consider:
- Garage sale
- Guest speaking event
- Cultural event: dance or meal
- Theme night: country gathering, costume party or carnival
Let your imagination, creativity and talent run wild!
Guide to organizing a benefit event – in 12 easy steps:
- Complete and submit a Third Party Fundraisers Application form and obtain written authorization from Caritas
- Recruit members to your organizing committee
- Establish a fundraising goal
- Plan meetings (brainstorming, networking or other)
- Choose the appropriate activity
- Identify your target audience
- Choose a date
- Create a budget
- Create a marketing plan
- Hold the event
- Collect the funds
- Thank those who helped in the organization of the event
We’re here to help you – to request your special event form or for any questions, please call us at 416-748-9988 or email: email@example.com